Film
I can recall a time where
things were not the same as they are now-
in every aspect.
That time lies here,
in this shiny film.
Look inside of it, and you will find me.
There I am, full of blind life,
and stuffed with naive joy-
oh how the irony comes and goes.
Time is a leaf in the evening breeze,
but never returns for greeting.
It goes on, forever and ever.
That time lies here,
in this shiny film.
Look within, and you will find my arm with another.
Here and now,
I am with new skin- with arms untwined,
and the skin of old is here- in this shiny film.
I can recall a time where
things were not the same as they are now-
in every aspect.
That time lies here,
in this shiny film.
Look inside of it, and you will find me.
There I am, full of blind life,
and stuffed with naive joy-
oh how the irony comes and goes.
Time is a leaf in the evening breeze,
but never returns for greeting.
It goes on, forever and ever.
That time lies here,
in this shiny film.
Look within, and you will find my arm with another.
Here and now,
I am with new skin- with arms untwined,
and the skin of old is here- in this shiny film.
Your poems tend to mind boggle me and I LIKE IT!! It makes me say "WHAT?" and reread it again. I really like the third stanza:
ReplyDelete"There I am, full of blind life,
and stuffed with naive joy-
oh how the irony comes and goes."
When you're young you're naive, and you're blind to life. I like how you write, it's really amazing. I also enjoy how this poem shows your transformation and you shedding your old skin.
I love your writing Devyn. Like you write so well. I think you used great images in your poem and it made a lot of sense. There were a couple of powerful lines in like every stanza which just made the poem even better. I loved it. :)
ReplyDeletei liked it in the beginning it kind of sounded like a story but i understand the film is looking back as at your childhood
ReplyDelete"I can recall a time where
ReplyDeletethings were not the same as they are now-
in every aspect."
I didn't really get what the film thing meant but i liked the repition of it. It showed it signifgance. (spelt wrong xD) but i like the image of your skin like shedding to grow a new set of skin. I think it would have been cooler to have refered your sheddign skin to like a snake or a spider who does to same. but the poem is really interseting though.
I liked this poem. I liked the repitition that she used in the 2nd and 5th stanza. I like how this poem is like, and tha picture is like a time machine for her, which shows that she really misses the memories. She can picture it like it was yesterday which makes it that much more important.
ReplyDeleteFavorite Line: "There I am, full of blind life,
and stuffed with naive joy-"
Honeslty I love reading your work devyn. I'm always at the edge of my seat when im reading them. I love this *FacebookThumbsUp*
ReplyDelete